IDBI BANK Education Loan IDBI BANK Education loan for Higher studies in India and in Abroad : Education loans from IDBI Bank aims to provide financial support for deserved merit students to pursue further education in India and also in abroad. There are many courses to choose from and for easy repayment options, IDBI Bank make sure to you to get complete financial backing.
An installment which is based on loan for all courses are mentioned below:
a. Studies in India:
- Graduation courses includes BA, B.Com., B.Sc., etc
- Post Graduation courses includes Masters & Phd
- Professional courses includes Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Law, Engineering, Dental, Management, Computer etc
- Computer certificate courses from reputed institutes that are accredited to Dept. of Electronics or to institutes affiliated to university
- Courses like ICWA, CA, CFA etc
- Courses that conducted by IIM, IIT, IISc, XLRI. NIFT etc
- Courses which are offered by reputed foreign universities in India
- Evening courses that are by approved institutes
- Other courses leads to diploma / degree etc. which are conducted by colleges / universities which has been approved by UGC / Govt. / AICTE/ AIBMS / ICMR etc
- Courses which are offered by National Institutes and by other reputed private institutions. Banks may have the system to appraise by other institution courses that depends on future prospects/ recognition by user institutions.
b. Studies abroad:
- Graduation: For job oriented professionals and the technical courses which are offered by reputed universities.
- Post graduation like MCA, MBA, MS, etc. Courses conducted by CIMA- London, CPA in USA etc.
c. Special Courses
- Regular Degree or Diploma courses like Aeronautical, pilot training, shipping etc., which are approved by Director General of Civil Aviation or Shipping. In case of this course which is pursued in abroad, the competent local aviation or the shipping authority should recognize by the Institute.
Maximum loan amount:
- Study Abroad -20 lakhs
- Study in India-10 lakhs
- Upto 4 lac No margin is required
- Above 4 lac who study in India margin would be 5% of the total course expenditure/ studies in abroad margin would be 15% of the total course expenditure
Expenses Covered under Loan
- Fee payable to college / school/ hostel
- Any other expense required to complete the course – like study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
- Insurance premium for student borrower
- Examination / Library / Laboratory fee
- Purchase of books / equipments / instruments / uniforms
- Caution deposit / building fund / refundable deposit supported by Institution bills / receipts
- Travel expenses / passage money for studies abroad
- Purchase of computers that is essential to complete the course
The repayment of loan that begins after the course period + 1 year or 6 months after getting a job, which is earlier. The loan should be repaid within 5 to 7 years with a maximum tenure of 84 months after commencement of repayment.
Rate of Interest
Rate of Interest (RoI)
|Up to 4 lakhs||13.25%p.a.(Linked to BR)|
|Above 4 lakhs and up to 7.5 lakhs||13.50%p.a.(Linked to BR)|
|Above 7.5 lakhs up to 20 lakhs||13.00%p.a.(Linked to BR)|
Base Rate(BR) = 10.75% (w.e.f. August 01,2011) Base rate subject to change
Simple interest that is to be charged at repayment period holiday and moratorium Accumulated interest at the repayment holiday period that should be added to the EMIs.
Where the borrower has not opted to repay holiday or is willing to service the interest at the repayment holiday (for principal)in the interest rate should be 1.00% less than the applicable rate.
- 50 basis points would be reduced for girl applicants
- 50 basis points would be reduced for physically challenged applicants or subjects for submission of certificate by a medical practitioner)
- 25 basis points for students who belong to SC/ST/Minority community
- 25 basis points for girl applicants ho belong to SC/ST/Minority community
|Up to 4 lacs||No security|
|Above 4 lacs and up to 7.5 lacs||Collateral in the form of a third party guarantee|
|Above 7.5 lacs||Collateral security in the form of Land/ building, (The minimum value shall be 1.33 times the amount of loan sought).
Govt. securities/ Public Sector Bonds/ Units of UTI, NSC, KVP, LIC policy, gold, shares/ debentures, bank deposit in the name of parent/ guardian or in the name of the co-applicant (The minimum value shall be 1.1 times of the amount of loan sought).
Wherever the land or building which is mortgaged earlier, the unencumbered portion would be taken as security on IInd charge that is the basis to provide it that covers the required loan amount. In case the loan is given for purchase of a computer the same to be hypothecated to the Bank.